Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Domestication Projects...

I just got my mill! WooHOo, thanks mom and dad! I've been dying to try it, but I was sick for a few days after the Thanksgiving invasion at our house. So now that I'm so better, I got out some wheat.
Ground some flour...And used another special gift (thanks Chris and Esther).
To make Ebelskivers. Though messy, and time consuming, these little pancake balls with fruit in the middle (called Ebelskivers - and no this is not a made up name, they are Norwegian pancakes). A fun filled family tradition from somewhere way back when!
My husband (and his friend Allen) enjoyed the project. And now I have home ground wheat sitting in my freezer ready for more baking projects!

3 comments:

Jenna and Curt said...

Oooo scrumptious! I'm very happy for you Robin, you lil domestic wif you..my brother is so lucky. Oh and so is Allen apparently-haha-also, those are some good looking benches in the background. I really need them back so that I cam make them better looking to match the rest of my set...hmm I'll get on that.

The Mom. said...

Yummy! Did you get that pancake ball pan from "as seen on tv"? I saw that somewhere. Hummm. I want one! Those look sooooo good! And I totally want a wheat grinder too. Lucky Duck! See ya later.

marshallfamilyhappenings said...

I'm not going to lie, looks like way too much work. And I really think you made that name up. You're just tricking us! Hope things are going good with you guys!! And the dogs too!